(TCBTB)

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

unnecessary.

Short update.

And another memo to mah bod.

Look, body. I know we've been through a lot in the past year. Pregnancy worked out pretty well for us, minus a few weeks in the beginning (that seem short only in retrospect) and a few details towards the end (pelvic girdle pain, anyone?) - but I acknowledge that it's a lot to put us through. 

STILL.

We've talked about this. Baby is breech. C-section is tomorrow morning. There is absolutely no need for us to experience any kind of pre-labor fun. Last night? When a band of pain started tightening around my chest at 7:30 p.m., and I couldn't breathe comfortably until 2:00 a.m.? When I was nauseated and my stomach was upset? When no "comfort position" would help? When I should have been hungry, but wasn't? YEAH. Unnecessary. Normal, sure. Nature's way, absolutely. Shouldn't complain, I know. But OUCH and YUCK. Thank goodness for responsive OBs (even though she's out of town, she was still in touch with me immediately).

Guess I better pack that hospital bag for real. You know, instead of just putting random things in the general vicinity of the bag.

**********************

Woke up this morning feeling miles better. Ate breakfast, which was delicious (although I was surprisingly not starving, even though I hadn't eaten since around 3:00 yesterday afternoon). Realized I never got my pre-op blood draw at my OB check-up yesterday morning, so I need to get that done. The rest of the stuff I wanted to get done today? Laundry, groceries, and the like? Screw it; it'll get done some other day, by someone else.

Only one major thing on the to-do list for today: the last pregnancy silhouette photo. THE LAST ONE. In the meantime, here's last week's:


38 weeks, 2 days

Unbelievable. This does not seem real. Although...I suppose last night was supremely helpful in allowing me to VERY MUCH WANT this pregnancy to be over. So...sorry, body. You're right. I trust you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE ME

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...