(TCBTB)

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

here, eat some words, they're delicious.

WARNING: Read with caution. My TOTAL optimism in this post is like glitter or herpes...it's gonna get all over you and never disappear! (Wait, does that happen with herpes? *Consults WebMD* *Closes WebMD window after noticing adjacent customer in coffee shop frowning at my screen*)

Anyway.

I take back everything I said.

Turns out I only want to be a stay-at-home mom when it's over 50 degrees outside.

It's not even Thanksgiving yet, and there's already snow and slush and slippery roads, which are made more treacherous by the toddler whining in the backseat because she can't see through the back window because it's covered in snow because a good mom (and, um, driver) would clear the window before putting the car in gear but it's too damn cold to be a good mom right now so yes it's snow-covered and just look out the side window for the 1.5 miles between here and home, would ya?

Gone are the days of killing an hour here and a morning there by going for a jaunt around the block. It was the very best time-killer before afternoon nap or dinner or...everything. Now, I'm lucky if I can get the both of us dressed in our winter gear in under 20 minutes - and, let's be honest, I don't really want to go outside, anyway. P.S.: What was I thinking, as a former toddler and preschool teacher, not buying a one-piece snow outfit for her?! I think I thought it would be nice to not have to put the snow pants on unless totally necessary - but since it's apparently going to be 18 degrees from now until May, the snow pants will be totally necessary. Every time. Every day. UNTIL FOREVERRR.

I see us getting trapped in the house with increasing frequency.

I see our activity options dwindling, crushed in the rubble of my hatred of being cold.

I see her energy threatening to explode without the regular outlet that fresh air and sunshine provide.

I see all my Pinteresty ideas for crafts and light tables and sensory exploration disappearing into a vortex of winter apathy.


Face-down in a pile of pillows = exactly.

But, you know. Only four more months of this soul-sucking weather! Yayyy!

(Careful, you've got some optimism sarcasm on your screen. Yeah. Riiight there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE ME

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...